Wallace & Wallace Lawyers is a progressive mid sized firm of approximately 15 – 20 solicitors (including partners) and a total staff complement of approximately 40.
The firm supports CPD and further study to assist career development and involvement with associated industry organisations is encouraged. Available positions offer the successful candidates a genuine opportunity for career advancement.
We currently have the following positions available:
We are seeking an Office Manager who has good organisational, communication and leadership skills to join our team. You will work closely with the Managing Partner in a professional working environment, utilising quality resources to manage the day to day operation of the firm.
About the Role
You will be responsible for all aspects of office management, including but not limited to:
- financial management and reporting:
- managing Trust, General and Investment bank accounts in compliance with legislation;
- preparing and reviewing the annual expenses budget;
- liaising with our external auditors.
- human resources:
- recruiting and training staff;
- maintaining and developing HR policies;
- organising and conducting annual reviews of support staff.
- IT and database management in conjunction with our external IT service provider;
- supervising our administration team (payroll, debtors and creditors);
- liaising with all external service providers;
- overseeing social media and digital marketing campaigns;
- maintaining and updating Occupational Health & Safety policies.
You will possess:
- previous experience as an office or practice manager (ideally within a professional services environment);
- qualifications or a proven background in business administration and accounting;
- the ability to research, analyse and resolve issues within a compliance environment (knowledge of and experience with Trust account legislation preferred);
- Occupational Health & Safety qualifications (or be willing to obtain same);
- the ability to identify areas for improvement and develop strategies to enhance efficiency;
- well developed problem solving skills;
- excellent attention to detail;
- advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and MYOB. Experience with LawMaster will be highly regarded;
- a professional, approachable manner with the ability to develop a rapport with people at all levels.
This is a full time position and an attractive remuneration package is available, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please forward your covering letter and resume:
The Managing Partner
Wallace & Wallace Lawyers
PO Box 733
MACKAY QLD 4740
Applications close Friday, 23 August 2019